So, a couple weekends ago the vintage market season kicked off at Bainbridge island, near to Seattle. The Seabold vintage market was a riot in both sense of the words! So many people turned up!
It was a beautiful sunny spring day as we headed off on our first american road trip from Portland to Seattle. We passed amazing scenery and sang along to american road trip songs (mostly about California but those are just details darling) and arrived one hour early at the old school hall. The sellers were busy unloading their trucks and setting the market up so we went for a pub lunch by the water. It was so beautiful!
A worn down car battery nearly ruined the day but we sorted that out and sped up to spend some cashish at the flea. By the time we arrived which was half an hour before opening the line had formed already. Will I ever, ever manage to be the first in line?
The Latina in me makes me contemplate line barging but I try and stay calm and remember not everyone in line is after the things I have my eye on. So my English side kicks in and I wait quietly in line. That's what the English like to do best :)
And it helped that the Barn House boys had set up some of their items outside so we could get a sneak peek and measure up the quality we would be greeted with indoors. The boys really do have an eye. Not dissing any of the other sellers AT ALL...but Joe and Jermoines ability to display their items in such a manner makes everything look sooooo appealing. They do it so you can imagine exactly how you would use said items in your home home by the ideas they show on their displays.
I wanted it ALL. Oh dear, how was my wallet gonna take this?
Here are the wonderful other displays by all the other vendors. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any good shots inside the actual market because it was absolutely heaving with people.
So, a few free delicious cupcakes later, some money spent and our car filled to the brim with all our new purchases we hit the road...well the water to take the ferry to Seattle. It was like being thrown into the world again being in a heaving city. I loved it and I love seattle.
Next stop is the Funkyjunk sisters event 'Junk Salvation' in Puyallup, Wa on May 13th & 14th.
Until then I need to house my new purchases from the vintage market.
Thanks so much Liz for organising this. It was terrific.
It was a beautiful sunny spring day as we headed off on our first american road trip from Portland to Seattle. We passed amazing scenery and sang along to american road trip songs (mostly about California but those are just details darling) and arrived one hour early at the old school hall. The sellers were busy unloading their trucks and setting the market up so we went for a pub lunch by the water. It was so beautiful!
A worn down car battery nearly ruined the day but we sorted that out and sped up to spend some cashish at the flea. By the time we arrived which was half an hour before opening the line had formed already. Will I ever, ever manage to be the first in line?
The Latina in me makes me contemplate line barging but I try and stay calm and remember not everyone in line is after the things I have my eye on. So my English side kicks in and I wait quietly in line. That's what the English like to do best :)
And it helped that the Barn House boys had set up some of their items outside so we could get a sneak peek and measure up the quality we would be greeted with indoors. The boys really do have an eye. Not dissing any of the other sellers AT ALL...but Joe and Jermoines ability to display their items in such a manner makes everything look sooooo appealing. They do it so you can imagine exactly how you would use said items in your home home by the ideas they show on their displays.
I wanted it ALL. Oh dear, how was my wallet gonna take this?
Here are the wonderful other displays by all the other vendors. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any good shots inside the actual market because it was absolutely heaving with people.
So, a few free delicious cupcakes later, some money spent and our car filled to the brim with all our new purchases we hit the road...well the water to take the ferry to Seattle. It was like being thrown into the world again being in a heaving city. I loved it and I love seattle.
Next stop is the Funkyjunk sisters event 'Junk Salvation' in Puyallup, Wa on May 13th & 14th.
Until then I need to house my new purchases from the vintage market.
Thanks so much Liz for organising this. It was terrific.


If you are coming up for the Funky Junk show, will you be coming to Snohomish for the 2nd Saturdayz show on Saturday? It is great! Let me know if you need more information!
ReplyDeletexx
kimberlytaylorimages@gmail.com
Hey Kimberley,
ReplyDeleteTotally missed it! I don't seem to get comments to my wall until well after. SHould be fixed now. Please do let me know if there are any more shows in the net few weeks?
Cheers