It's only since moving away from London have I noticed what a beautiful, rich country I am from. I guess it takes a year of being asked 'do you have an accent?' and 'say water again' and again to make you realise that even though you may feel at home in your adopted country people will always remind you that you indeed are a foreigner. I often end up in conversations with baristas (*and anyone who will talk to me in fact) about Will & Kate impending nuptials, Princess Diana and Notting hill..the movie. It is so lovely to talk about it but it does make me a little homesick or better put 'in love with my home'.
Pounding the streets of London is truly magical. Your senses are hit with culture, history and tradition. We Brits are so lucky.
You would think that bearing Britian in mind when decorating your home would involve gold, velvet and loud, brash colours. I am perhaps the only one who thinks this due to an article I read about Ronnie Woods home (from the Rolling Stones) and thought yes, that encapsulates 'Britishness'. But only in one sense of the word. It's shouts 'Camden', 'Punk', 'Rock n ' Roll' and 'anti establishment'.
Or of course you can swing the other way. Imagine the Cotswolds, Tea and scones, hazy summer sunshine, cricket and English roses. Yeh, that is more my bag baby!! Here are a few delicious colours and home design inspiration I've been salivating over.
Pounding the streets of London is truly magical. Your senses are hit with culture, history and tradition. We Brits are so lucky.
You would think that bearing Britian in mind when decorating your home would involve gold, velvet and loud, brash colours. I am perhaps the only one who thinks this due to an article I read about Ronnie Woods home (from the Rolling Stones) and thought yes, that encapsulates 'Britishness'. But only in one sense of the word. It's shouts 'Camden', 'Punk', 'Rock n ' Roll' and 'anti establishment'.
Or of course you can swing the other way. Imagine the Cotswolds, Tea and scones, hazy summer sunshine, cricket and English roses. Yeh, that is more my bag baby!! Here are a few delicious colours and home design inspiration I've been salivating over.
a beautiful set up for a wedding based on Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice
Pale pinks, mirrors, white and very very girly :)
Similar table and chairs can be found at Ikea and with a lick of paint would look just the same. Lace curtains, tin lamps, flowery cushion covers are in abundance on Etsy and freshly cut roses make this the dreamiest garden shed i have ever ever seen.
Pinks, reds, checks, flowers and stripes are all OK in an English home
The Royal crown is such a decadent symbol of Britishness. Why not add some of that glitz into the home?
The English LOVE a picnic. Summer comes and we pack our baskets and head off outdoors. If it is grey the stiff upper lip spirit kicks in and we will have fun!
Of course I wouldn't dare finish this post without mentioning the story of the year. Wills & Kate. Kate's fashion forward style. One day she can be innovative. Another she is classic English rose. This girl can do no wrong. Just like her future husbands mother.
Here are a few things I love from Topshops new season. Kate Moss used to design a range for them.
What could be more British/London than that?





























No comments:
Post a Comment