Friday, 1 October 2010

French amor

Following on from my last post I have come across a mountain of french inspired 'je ne c'est quois' designs in the home.


I would be willing to give up my twice a day fix of coffee if I could own this stylish kitchen. I love a simple green and white colour sheme, it feels so fresh and natural. Herbs dotted around, a vintage kettle and bistro chairs lends this kitchen a wonderfully continental feel.

For a little inspiration here are some ideas I came across this week to add that touch of 'va va voom':

You can find great inspiration via Yasmins store Maison Reve which is based in Marin County, San Francisco. Everything she sells is utterly divine.



If you need to cut back on costs, then you can find some cheap chairs at flea markets, estate sales and then sand them down and paint them yourself.

Fabrics. Grain sacks and linen for cushion covers, tablecloths and napkins. Here is a sample of Red Chair antiques online store products



On a budget? Then check out the fabulous new H&M homewares online store



Chalkboards. Paint a whole wall with chalkboard paint, make your own board, buying a cheap frame from Ebay, buy chalkboard labels for jars from Etsy Bubba and Doodle or go modern with these cool decals..



Wall Art - Coffee & Food. What a better way to communicate a cafe style than to add food art to your walls. Coffee ads, pop art, photos and posters dotted about.

French Bulldog works etsy shop
Coffee Shop on Etsy
Photo from Magaleries
Coffee poster from Easy French Food.

Jusqu'à la prochaine fois!

2 comments:

  1. I love that kitchen too! Those chairs are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous isn't it...Can't wait to make mine look like that ;)

    ReplyDelete