Wow, I am so happy to have got this thing going finally. There are so many great blogs out there that have made me want to start one up of my own. Well, and also because it is a great support for my brand 'Rustical'.
I've fulfilled an ambition of mine which was to leave my office job in an advertising agency, move abroad and start my own business. I ran out of my agency on my last day, the feeling of freedom was overwhelming!
As you can tell I am pretty happy about it. My fiance (soon to be hubby) got a job abroad so we upped sticks from London, via New York for 6 months and have landed (happily) in the American northwest city of Portland, Oregon.
It's different, it's up and coming, it's calm, locals are genuinely friendly, it loves coffee and locally brewed beer but best of all this city loves recycling.
Yep, flea markets, barn, yard, estate sales, eco warehouses are so common here in this state. There are so many opportunities here and it seems like the young, the hip, the creative are grabbing them with both hands.
Lucky that, seeing as my whole plan was to start my own business finding furniture and anything for the home, restore it to all it's glory and sell it on Etsy and from my humble studio.
Let's see where this journey takes me.
I look forward to getting to know you better Portland.
No comments:
Post a Comment