I live in a two bed open plan home with concrete floors and wooden ceilings.
Since living in Portland, Oregon I have embraced mountain chic (if there is such a thing) meaning all things shaggy, cosy, bear life, furry, wooden, warming and alpine.
Dilemma no.1
How do I convert a small windowless second bedroom with no door into a cosy, welcoming, guest room?
Dilemma no.2
How do I convert the said guest room into a light, practical, creative workspace that equally doubles up as a den for reading and napping?
Dilemma no.3
Limited budget.
Here is a mood board for creative inspiration. I'll post the finished result hopefully in a month or so!
1. Recycle an old door into a mood board for inspirations via Design love fest
2. Colourful hand woven rugs to brighten up a dark room
3. Every office needs an antique globe. Find one in Restoration Hardware
4. Section off the office part from the guest room with interesting prints and other personal findings as seen in Apartment therapy
5. For open plan apartments privacy can be an issue when guests come to stay. Sheer curtains allow light in but give the sense of privacy at the same time
6. Floor cushions are great for chilling out. Anthropologie has a great selection
7. Beautiful reproduced antique floor lamp. I love Laura Ashley and Restoration Hardware for these.
8. Throws and pillows in different textures and colours add depth and warmth to furniture. Taken from my favorite hotel in the world. Los Juncos in Patagonia
9. I adore white sofas. For guest/office room buy a sofa bed for multi functional use from Ikea. Dress it up with throws.
10. Fairy lights. I can't help it. I really really like them :)

No comments:
Post a Comment